Servings and Ingredients
|12 oz.||spaghetti noodles|
|1||(10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach|
|5 oz.||silken tofu|
|¼ c.||Lower-Fat Pesto (recipe follows)|
|Parmesan-style soy cheese, optional|
- Cook spaghetti and spinach separately according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, puree the silken tofu in a blender container with 1 or 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Drain cooked spinach. Add it to the blender container. Blend until smooth, gradually adding the remaining water.
- Add pesto and blend just to mix.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta and toss to coat well. Serve immediately, passing Parmesan-style soy cheese at the table, if desired.
- Lower-Fat Pesto: Combine 1 cup packed basil leaves, 2 large cloves garlic, 1 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons water in food processor or blender. Whirl until pureed, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Refrigerate pesto if going to use within a few days or freeze it in an ice-cube tray. (Each cube is about 2 tablespoons.) When frozen, pop out the cubes and store in a freezer container, to remove as needed.
122 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 21mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 5g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.