Servings and Ingredients
|3 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|3||cloves garlic, minced, divided|
|½ c.||finely diced yellow onion|
|¼ c.||finely diced celery|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee low-sodium chicken broth|
|1 c.||uncooked quinoa, rinsed|
|¼ c.||toasted sliced almonds|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|2 tsp.||sea salt, plus additional as needed|
|1 tsp.||fresh cracked black pepper, plus additional as needed|
|½ tsp.||ground cumin|
|¼ tsp.||dry mustard|
|⅛ tsp.||ground cinnamon|
|4||(4 oz. each) Responsible Choice skinless salmon portions|
|4 c.||fresh spinach|
|1 tbsp.||thinly sliced shallot|
|½ c.||halved cherry tomatoes|
|Squeeze of fresh lemon|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For quinoa pilaf, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove, yellow onion, celery and carrot. Sweat the vegetables until softened, but not browned. Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat, fluff quinoa with a fork and remove the bay leaf. Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes; stir in toasted almonds.
- For salmon, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, black pepper, cumin, mustard and cinnamon. Rub on the top side (non-skin) of the salmon fillets.
- Heat an oven proof saute pan over medium-heat heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sear salmon portions, rub side down until fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip, place pan in oven and roast for 5 to 6 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat another saute pan over medium-heat heat. Add butter, shallots and remaining minced garlic. Saute until garlic is fragrant and add spinach. Saute spinach until slightly wilted. Add cherry tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place quinoa pilaf on serving dish, top with salmon portions, spinach-tomato mixture and squeeze of fresh lemon.
450 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 1220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 33g
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 25%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1