Roasted Asparagus Caprese Salad (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz. asparagus|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select garlic-flavored olive oil|
|Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, as needed|
|1 lbs. fresh mozzarella log, sliced into 12 slices|
|3 vine-on tomatoes, sliced into 12 slices|
|12 fresh basil leaves|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select balsamic glaze|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus where it naturally breaks and discard or save to make cream of asparagus soup.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with garlic-flavored olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To assemble salad, on an oval platter, alternate fresh tomato slices with fresh mozzarella slices and basil leaves around the perimeter of the plate to achieve a full circle.
- Lay roasted asparagus in the middle of the oval plate.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
200 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 15%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, April 15, 2016.