Pumpkin Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
We've figured out how to have pumpkins and sweet potatoes for every meal. This breakfast bake is perfect for family gatherings or brunches.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (40 oz) can sweet potatoes, drained|
|2 (15 oz each) cans Hy-Vee pumpkin puree|
|1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c. Hy-Vee evaporated milk|
|4 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 (16.5 oz) pkg. refrigerated Hy-Vee sugar cookies|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee old-fashioned oats|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c. Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|½ c. Hy-Vee miniature semisweet chocolate chips|
|Hy-Vee whipped topping, optional|
Things To Grab
- 9-by-13-inch baking dish
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large bowls
- Electric mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes and pumpkin with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Beat in milk and eggs. Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
- In a separate large bowl, combine cookie dough, oats and flour until small pieces form. Sprinkle on top of sweet potato mixture. Top with pecans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is set. Immediately top with miniature chocolate chips. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped topping, if desired.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 210%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee chefs, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of November 11, 2015.