Brussels Sprout Sweet Potato Hash with Pancetta (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|5 oz.||diced pancetta|
|2||shallots, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1||small red pepper, diced|
|1||small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 lbs.||Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced|
|½ tsp.||minced fresh thyme|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Hot sauce, optional|
- Heat pancetta in a cast iron skillet or oven-proof saute pan over medium heat. Cook until fat is rendered.
- Add the shallots, red pepper and sweet potato to the pan and saute until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Let sit in the pan without moving them until the bottoms start to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the fresh thyme and let sit for 5 additional minutes and stir together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Create 4 small wells in the hash, break an egg into each well and cook until the yolks are firm and whites are opaque. If desired, place whole pan in a 400-degree oven to finish cooking and ensure that the tops of the eggs are fully cooked. Serve topped with hot sauce, if desired.
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, September 30, 2016.