Prosciutto Halibut with Shaved Melon Salad
You can use any vinaigrette to dress this melon salad, but if you're looking for something to really make the flavors shine, try the recipe for Smashed Raspberry Vinaigrette below.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||quarter cantaloupe, seeded and cut into 1-inch slices|
|1||quarter honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1-inch slices|
|2 c.||arugula or spring mix salad, optional|
|½||small red onion, thinly sliced|
|⅓ c.||fresh basil, chopped|
|4||(6 oz each) halibut fillets, deboned and skin removed|
|Hy-Vee kosher salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|12||paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 2 oz)|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ c.||fresh raspberries|
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillet strips and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through and evenly browned, turning occasionally.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette; top with fresh raspberries. Serve salad with fish.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut cantaloupe and honeydew slices into thin shavings; discard rinds.
- In a large bowl, toss together melon shavings, arugula (if desired), red onion and basil; set aside.
- Cut halibut fillets in thirds lengthwise; season to taste with salt and pepper. Wrap a prosciutto slice around each portion.
- To prepare Smashed Raspberry Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, 2 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot, 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee honey. Slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee Select olive oil, whisking vigorously, until vinaigrette is combined and raspberries are broken apart.
480 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 37g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 60%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2016.