Servings and Ingredients
|24||(1-1/2- to 2-inch) cubes sourdough bread or focaccia|
|1 tsp.||dried basil|
|1||large garlic clove, minced|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|16||(1-inch) chunks red onion|
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). In a large bowl combine bread cubes, basil and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil; toss to coat well.
- To assemble skewers, thread 1 bread cube, 1 tomato and 1 onion chunk onto each of 8 skewers.* Repeat once, finishing with a third bread cube. Brush skewers with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill, covered, 5 to 8 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted, turning once or twice.
- Arrange skewers on 4 salad plates. Drizzle with pesto, and serve.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 2g