This is our kind of salad. Meet Panzanella, a Tuscan-style dish made with coarsely textured pieces of artisan bread. There's just something about the way the bread soaks up all that garlicky vinaigrette...yum!
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|½ c. aged white wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano|
|1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1 (5.5 oz) loaf ciabatta, cut into 3/4-inch chunks|
|4 c. mixed baby spinach and arugula salad greens|
|1 c. halved yellow cherry tomatoes|
|1 c. halved red cherry tomatoes|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and oregano until well blended; set aside.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken; turn to coat well. Reserve remaining dressing for salad. Refrigerate chicken for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread bread chunks onto metal skewers; brush with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast registers 165 degrees, turning once. Add bread skewers to grill during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Grill until bread is well marked, turning once.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss together salad greens, tomatoes, chicken and bread. Add dressing and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
430 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 28g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Season Spring 2015, Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, May 7, 2016.