Orange Olive Oil Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|Nonstick baking spray with flour|
|5||large navel oranges|
|3 ½ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|5||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
- Position oven rack in the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Zest oranges, keeping the zest from one orange separate for icing; set aside. Juice oranges. Discard rinds and set juice aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, mix eggs and granulated sugar on medium speed until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and olive oil, ending with the flour. Add 1-1/2 cups orange juice (refrigerating remaining juice) and the zest from 4 oranges. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake until a skewer or cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 65 to 70 minutes. Remove from oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, remaining zest and 3 tablespoons of remaining orange juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
490 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 45%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2012.