Mixed Grains and Veggie Bowl
Hearty and healthy, this tasty Asian-inspired bowl will pump up your energy when deadlines loom. Make extra grains to use for other meals.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. lentils|
|2 tbsp. farro|
|3 c. low-sodium vegetable stock, divided|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee long grain brown rice|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|½ lbs. broccolini, ends trimmed|
|⅔ c. shredded red cabbage|
|¼ c. brewed Hy-Vee green tea|
|2 tbsp. tahini|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|2 ¼ tsp. rice vinegar|
|1 tsp. grated fresh ginger|
|½ tsp. sesame oil|
|Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- Rinse lentils and farro; set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups stock to boiling. Add rice. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in lentils and farro. Simmer for 30 minutes more or until grains are tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with foil. Brush foil with some of the oil.
- Spread sweet potatoes out in pan, forming a single layer. Brush with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender, turning potatoes halfway through. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium saucepan, steam broccolini in remaining 1/2 cup stock for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- For sesame sauce, combine green tea, tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil and garlic powder.
- To assemble rice bowls, divide rice mixture between two bowls. Add sweet potatoes and broccolini. Tote bowls along with single-serving portions of red cabbage and sesame sauce each in resealable plastic bag and airtight containers. Place in an insulated cooler with ice pack or chill all ingredients until assembly.
- Just before serving, heat rice bowl in microwave on HIGH power until heated through. Add cabbage and pour sesame sauce over all in bowl. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
530 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 81g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 420%
Vitamin C 230%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2016.