Grilled Thanksgiving Sandwiches (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp. butter|
|4 slice(s) artisan-style sourdough bread|
|3 tbsp. whole grain mustard|
|4 oz. triple creme brie, sliced|
|¼ c. caramelized onions|
|¼ c. cranberry sauce|
|½ tsp. minced fresh thyme|
|6 to 8 oz sliced turkey|
|6 thin green apple slices|
|1 c. baby arugula|
- Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Spread butter on all four slices of bread. Place two slices of bread in the saute pan.
- Spread 1-1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard on 1 slice of bread. Top with 2 ounces brie and 2 tablespoons caramelized onions.
- Combine cranberry sauce with fresh thyme. Spread 2 tablespoons on the other slice of bread and top with sliced turkey.
- Let the bread slowly brown and allow brie to melt. Cover or place in a 375-degree oven to heat through, if desired.
- Once warm, place 1/2 cup baby arugula on top of the turkey and 3 slices of green apple on top of the caramelized onions. Carefully combine the two pieces of bread to create the sandwich. Remove from the pan, slice on the bias. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
880 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 40g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 2330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 92g
- Protein: 43g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 10%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, November 25th, 2016.