This recipe comes from Chef Mark Webster, who shares a fresh homemade salsa that can be made in advance. Our advice is to make a double batch of salsa... in case a few chips sneak out of the bag. Beer pairings include Pale Ale, Light Lager and Amber Ale. Wine pairings include Dry Riesling, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc.
Servings and Ingredients
|⅔ c. fresh lemon juice|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|6 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee dried oregano leaves|
|2 tsp. kosher salt|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|6 chicken quarters (about 4 pounds)|
|3 ripe Colorado peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped|
|2 tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 tsp. lime peel|
|2 tbsp. fresh lime juice|
|1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar|
|1 tsp. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|1 (12 oz) jar Hy-Vee peach preserves|
Things To Grab
- For marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper. Pour in a large resealable plastic bag set in a bowl. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a medium bowl combine peaches, bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Prepare half a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium heat and the other half for indirect heat.
- For peach glaze, in a small saucepan melt butter. Stir in preserves; simmer until glaze consistency; keep warm.
- Oil grill grates. Remove chicken from marinade; discarding marinade. Grill chicken over direct heat for 8 minutes, turning once. Move chicken to indirect heat side of grill and continue to grill for 35 to 40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165 degrees. Brush chicken with peach glaze during the last 10 minutes of grilling. Serve chicken with salsa.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 250mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 52g
This light-bodied wine often has bright aromas and flavors of apples, pears, gooseberries, tropical fruits, and melon balanced by strong acidity. Pair dry styles with chicken, light salads, fish, and cheeses like goat cheese. Sweeter styles are best with rich foods like foie gras.