Fried Bacon Cheddar Balls
A panko crumb coating ensures that these balls will be golden brown on the outside . It’s best to serve them warm while the cheese is melty and oozy on the inside.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ (8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)|
|⅓ c. crumbled crisp-cooked Hy-Vee bacon (about 4 strips)|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 c. Hy-Vee club soda|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 c. Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs|
|2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish|
|Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying|
Things To Grab
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg and club soda. Gradually whisk in flour, cornstarch and salt. In a shallow dish, combine panko crumbs and parsley. Dip cheese balls in egg batter; coat in panko mixture. Repeat dipping and coating. Return cheese balls to baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a large saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 inches vegetable oil to 365 degrees. Working in batches, fry cheese balls about 2 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer cheese balls to a platter. If desired, garnish with additional parsley. Serve warm.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Place fried cheese balls on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 200-degree oven.
- *Nutrition is based recipe before frying*
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.