Soup, Chili & Stew
Fiesta Corn Chowder with Chicken
We've dunked a lot of toasted artisan breads into a lot of soups, but this Asiago-chowder combo is one to remember. It's also a great way to turn leftover chicken into lunches for the week.
Servings and Ingredients
|Baking Stone Asiago Cheese Flute|
|Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray|
|1 ½ tsp. chipotle seasoning, divided|
|3 c. frozen Hy-Vee cut corn|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|½ c. chopped roasted red pepper|
|6 sliced green onions|
|1 (4 oz) can Hy-Vee chopped green chilies|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee dried oregano|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|2 c. chopped, cooked chicken|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro|
|Avocado slices, optional|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut six 1/4-inch diagonal slices from a loaf of Baking Stone Asiago Cheese Flute. Spray both sides of slices with non-stick spray coating. Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chipotle seasoning over slices. Bake 10 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn, chicken broth, red pepper, green onions, green chilies, remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning, oregano and salt.
- Stir together milk and cornstarch until well blended; add to saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender, blend soup until partially pureed. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in chicken and cilantro; heat through.
- If desired, garnish with avocado slices and additional cilantro. Serve with prepared Asiago toast.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 45%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2012.