Soup, Chili & Stew
Pepper Corn Chowder
Servings and Ingredients
|6||Anaheim chile peppers|
|1 lbs.||Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|1 c.||finely chopped yellow onion|
|1||yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|1||stalk celery, finely chopped|
|1||(16 oz) package Hy-Vee frozen sweet corn, thawed|
|3 c.||Hy-Vee 1% milk|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||white pepper|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- Place Anaheim peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat source, turning occasionally, until blackened, about 10 minutes. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Wearing gloves and being careful not to touch eyes or face, peel peppers; cut in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes. Finely chop peppers; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; roughly mash with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add Anaheim peppers, potatoes, corn, milk, salt and white pepper; cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, if desired.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 130%
Vitamin C 100%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2010.