Curried Rice Egg Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (12 oz) package long grain and wild rice (plus ingredients called for on package)|
|6 hard-cooked eggs|
|1 c. low-fat plain yogurt|
|1 ½ to 2 tsp curry powder|
|2 c. chopped fresh broccoli (about 8 oz)|
|6 large tomatoes|
|spinach leaves, optional|
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Slice 1 egg. Reserve slices. Chop remaining eggs.
- In a bowl, stir together yogurt and curry powder until well-blended.
- Stir in cooked rice, chopped eggs and broccoli.
- Cover and chill to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, cut each tomato into 6 sections and place on spinach leaves (if using).
- Top each tomato with 1-1/2 cups egg salad mixture.
- Garnish with halved reserved egg slices.
- Each serving has 786 mg potassium.
313 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 215 mg
- Sodium: 121 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 15 g
American Egg Board.