Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
The best kind of coconut macaroons are the chocolate-dipped ones.
Servings and Ingredients
|14 oz. flaked coconut|
|1 ⅓ c. sugar|
|⅔ c. flour|
|½ tsp. salt|
|6 egg whites|
|1 tsp. almond extract|
|Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting chips|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract.
- Using a ¾ oz. scoop, drop mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake macaroons until edges are golden brown, 28 to 32 minutes. Transfer macaroons to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave on low heat, stirring frequently. Dip bottoms of cooled macaroons in chocolate and let dry upside-down on cooling rack. Once chocolate hardens, turn over and drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 21, 2016