Cheesy Chicken Calzones
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (16 oz) loaf frozen Hy-Vee white bread dough, thawed|
|½ c. baby carrots, chopped|
|½ c. broccoli florets|
|½ c. halved grape tomatoes|
|¼ c. diced green pepper|
|3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced|
|⅓ c. Kraft creamy poppyseed dressing|
|1 Hy-Vee egg, beaten|
|½ c. Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1 c. Hy-Vee three-cheese pasta sauce|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide bread dough into 8 pieces. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Cover and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and green pepper in a small amount of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Coat chicken with dressing in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine egg and cheeses. Add chicken and vegetable mixtures.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 6-inch circle on a large greased baking sheet. Place 1/2 cup filling mixture in the center of each circle of dough. Fold dough over the mixture, sealing the edges by pricking with a fork. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 to 18 minutes.
- Heat pasta sauce and serve with calzones.
330 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 20%