Servings and Ingredients
|3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|¼ c. soy sauce|
|2 tbsp. cornstarch|
|1 ½ tsp. sugar|
|1 ½ tsp. salt|
|¼ c. oil, divided|
|1 (4 oz) pkg cashews|
|½ lbs. fresh or frozen pea pods, trimmed|
|½ lbs. fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 c. chicken broth|
|1 (15 oz) can bamboo shoots, drained|
|4 to 6 medium green onions, chopped|
|Hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles, if desired|
- Boil chicken in water over medium heat until done. Drain off cooking liquid and reserve.
- Combine reserved chicken cooking liquid, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a separate bowl.
- Heat wok to 350 degrees. Add 2 tablespoons oil and toast cashews for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove cashews and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok and stir-fry chicken until slightly browned and tender.
- Add pea pods, mushrooms and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and soy sauce mixture. Stir constantly over heat until thickened. Simmer 2 minutes uncovered.
- Mix in onions. Sprinkle with cashews.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 1720mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 21g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 40%