Blue Cheese-Stuffed Eye-of-Round
Dress up an affordable cut of meat by stuffing it with a bold-flavored cheese, such as blue cheese or feta.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(2 lb) eye-of-round roast|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|4 oz.||crumbled blue cheese|
|1 tbsp.||fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried thyme|
|3 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- To butterfly roast, make a lengthwise cut down the center, cutting to within 1/2-inch of opposite side of meat. Make a similar cut on either side of first cut. Open meat flat.
- Sprinkle cut surfaces with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sprinkle with blue cheese. Roll up roast tightly and secure in 3 places with twine. Place rolled roast in greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, garlic, olive oil and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Rub mixture over roast.
- Roast 7 minutes per pound. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and roast, without opening oven door, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium doneness.
- Remove from oven; cover and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice into 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices to serve.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 52g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2012.