Red, White and Blue Cheeseburgers
Tangy blue cheese draws out the beefy flavors of the burger while the bun provides the appealing taste and chew of a soft pretzel.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||80%-lean ground beef|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|2 oz.||blue cheese crumbles, plus extra for garnish|
|½||medium white onion, thinly sliced|
|1 c.||cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped|
|⅛ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|4||Hy-Vee bakery pretzel buns, split|
|2 tbsp.||Gustare Vita olive oil|
|4||whole cherry tomatoes|
Things To Grab
- Meat thermometer
- Silicone pastry brush
- Combine beef with garlic and pepper. Shape meat mixture into eight 1/4-inch-thick patties. Roll cheese into 4 balls and flatten into disks. Place disks onto center of 4 patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Grill burgers 12 to 16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, turning once halfway through grilling. Brush cut sides of buns with olive oil. Grill, cut side down, during the last minute of grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion, tomatoes and salt.
- Spoon one-fourth of onion-tomato mixture onto each bun bottom. Add a burger to each and top with additional blue cheese crumbles. Cover with top of bun. Skewer a whole cherry tomato into top of each bun.
680 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 35g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 1080mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 60mg
- Protein: 33g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.