Autumn Roasted Honey and Ginger Root Vegetables
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. fresh beets, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks|
|1 lbs. carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks|
|8 oz. turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks|
|8 oz. parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks|
|½ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ c. Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|1 tbsp. kosher salt|
|1 tsp. fresh cracked Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2 sprigs rosemary|
|6 sprigs thyme|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tsp. ground ginger|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Parboil vegetables until cooked halfway; strain.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and melted butter.
- Toss vegetables in half of oil mixture; spread remaining oil mixture onto sheet pan. Spread vegetables onto pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; lay herbs over all.
- Bake until lightly browned, turning half way, about 45 to 55 minutes; discard herbs.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and ginger. Drizzle honey mixture over vegetables.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 34g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 1090mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 350%
Vitamin C 60%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2010.