Asparagus Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ lbs. fresh asparagus|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee walnut pieces|
|1 packet(s) Hy-Vee lettuce|
|3 tbsp. rice vinegar|
|2 tbsp. plum sauce|
|1 ½ tbsp. La Choy lite soy sauce|
|1 tbsp. sesame oil|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|¾ tsp. dry mustard powder|
- Snap tough ends off asparagus spears and discard. Cut spears diagonally into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring 2 inches of water to boiling in a pan. Add asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Pat dry and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place walnut pieces in a shallow baking pan and toast for 5 to 7 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool.
- To make dressing, whisk together rice vinegar, plum sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and dry mustard in a small bowl.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss asparagus with dressing and toss with lettuce. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.