Hy-Vee Summer of Fuel Saver Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
May 26, 2023 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS RESIDING IN ILLINOIS, IOWA, KANSAS, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, SOUTH DAKOTA OR WISCONSIN AND WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE (19 in NEBRASKA) OR OLDER. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) May 26, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on September 12, 2023 (the "Sweepstakes Period") with two (2) entry periods (each a “Entry Period”) for corresponding random drawings (each a “Drawing”), all as detailed in Section 2 below. Entries received in one Entry Period that are not winning entries will roll forward to the subsequent Entry Period. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between the entry instructions, promotional materials and these Sweepstakes rules (“Official Rules”), these Official Rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Sweepstakes shall govern with respect to the commencement and end time for the Sweepstakes Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Sweepstakes entry.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Sweepstakes will be comprised of two (2) entry periods. The first entry period shall commence at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) May 26, 2023, and end at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on July 1, 2023 (“First Entry Period”). The second entry period shall commence at 12:00:00 am CDT on July 1, 2023 and shall end at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on September 12, 2023 (“Second Entry Period”). Entries received in the First Entry Period that are not winning entries will roll forward to the Second Entry Period.
There are two (2) ways to enter into an entry period:
(a) Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Card Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, make an online or instore purchase at a participating Hy-Vee retail location. At the time of purchase, present and apply your Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® card to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. There is no limit on the number of “Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Card Entries” per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
(b) Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase or signing up for a Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® card, hand-print “ATTN: Hy-Vee Summer Fuel Saver Giveaway Sweepstakes – Entry”, your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address (optional) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN: Hy-Vee Summer Fuel Saver Giveaway Sweepstakes– Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 1, 2023 and received by July 8, 2023 to be entered for Drawing 1, and must be postmarked by September 12, 2023 and received by September 18, 2023 to be entered for Drawing 2 and Drawing 3. Enter as often as you wish and photocopied entries allowed, however, limit one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail. All mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
Proof of purchase, delivery or receipt of an entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry into this Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of age and residency if requested by Sponsor to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. The following persons are not eligible to participate or win: Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor, or any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, administration, prize support and fulfillment, advertisement, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and successor companies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and immediate family members or members of the same households (parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses (whether related or not) of such persons).
4. DRAWINGS: This Sweepstakes will have three (3) Drawings. The first Drawing (“Drawing 1”) will occur on or about July 7, 2023 and will select ten (10) potential winners from among all eligible entries received during the First Entry Period and by the mail-in received by date set forth in Section 2(b). Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the First Entry Period.
The second drawing (“Drawing 2”) will occur on or about September 19, 2023 and will select ten (10) potential winners from all eligible entries from the First Entry Period and the Second Entry Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the First and Second Entry Periods.
The third drawing (“Drawing 3”) will occur on or about September 19, 2023. Drawing 3 will select ten (10) prize winners from each of Hy-Vee’s participating Hy-Vee Food Store locations. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the First and Second Entry periods for each of the participating Hy-Vee Food Store locations.
All Drawings will be conducted by Hy-Vee, whose decisions shall be final and binding.
5. PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded:
Drawing 1: Ten (10) winners will each win two (2) VIP Admission Tickets to attend the July 22, 2023 Hy-Vee Homefront 250 and two (2) VIP Admission Tickets to attend the July 23, 2023 Hy-Vee One Step 250 at the Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa. Approximate retail value of each ticket is $1,000. Approximate retail value of the Drawing 1 prize is $40,000.00.
Drawing 2: Ten (10) prize winners will win free groceries for a year (awarded as eight (8) $650.00 Hy-Vee gift cards). Approximate retail value of each prize in Drawing 2 is $5,200.00. Approximate retail value of all prizes for Drawing 2 is $52,000.00.
Drawing 3: Ten (10) prize winners from each of 250 Hy-Vee Food Store locations will each win a one-year Hy-Vee Plus Membership (awarded as a $99.00 Hy-Vee gift card for the purchase of the first year of a Hy-Vee Plus Membership). All Hy-Vee Plus Memberships are subject to Membership terms and conditions. Approximate retail value of each prize in Drawing 3 is $99.00. Total approximate value of the prizes for Drawing 3 is $247,000.00.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes: $339,000.
6. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and of the State of Iowa, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any portion of the prize becomes unavailable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Iowa having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with participating), and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Prize winners will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize. If applicable, winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. No groups, clubs or organizations may enter or win prizes. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
7. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY EQUIPMENT OR WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSBILE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or the Website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or land line phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at participating stores and a random drawing(s) may be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of their affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct errors in promotional materials.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by phone call, email or mail at the phone number, email address or mailing address provided by the entrant at the time of entry. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) a publicity release within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted winner notification as indicated by the date on the Affidavit. Sponsor is responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless, land line or online service or change in mailing address which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated within these Official Rules, no compensation will be given. Prizes will only be awarded to verified winners residing within an eligible state.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants, as a condition of participation, and all winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Sponsor from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in attending the race, and/or traveling to and from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or the offering or announcement of any prize. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prizes and/or prize documentation after it has been delivered. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
Please see Sponsor’s and Hy-Vee’s privacy policies located at: http://policy.pepsi.com/privacy.htm and http://www.hy-vee.com/company/policy/privacy.aspx for details regarding the use of personal information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes.
11. WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: The names of the prize winners and/or a copy of the Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, postage prepaid written request to: Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Summer of Fuel Saver Giveaway, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Written requests must be received by October 31, 2023.