Hy-Vee Coupon Policy
June 4, 2013 | News & Press Releases
Hy-Vee is happy to redeem your valid coupons. The following rules apply when accepting manufacturer-issued coupons, digital coupons clipped and saved to your Fuel Saver + Perks® card, and internet coupons. Our stores redeem coupons in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and the terms printed on the coupons. Store Directors have the authority to refuse the redemption of any coupon and to set monetary and other limitations for the acceptance of coupons at their store. This Coupon Policy is subject to change and may be modified at any time in our sole discretion.
- Customers must present their valid coupons at the time of purchase. We do not give cash back or credit for coupons not presented at the time of purchase.
- Coupons must be legible.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and must be used within the stated time frame. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
- Physical coupons should have a scannable bar code (UPC) and a remittable manufacturer’s address.
- Physical coupons must be retained by the cashier.
- The exact item stated on the coupon must be purchased in order to redeem the coupon. Item substitutions are not allowed.
- Our stores do not accept altered, tampered, or copied coupons. We do not accept coupons that have been identified as counterfeit. Our stores reserve the right to refuse any coupon that appears to be fraudulent.
- The value of the coupon will not be redeemed for more than the price of the item. Our stores will not give cash back or apply additional credit to your purchase. Coupons have no cash value.
- Our stores cannot refund the value of a coupon or return the coupon if a purchased item is later returned to the store.
- Customers are responsible for sales tax if required by law.
Manufacturer Coupon Policy
- Our stores accept manufacturer coupons unless prohibited by state regulations.
- Only one physical manufacturer coupon per item will be accepted. Customers may use a manufacturer coupon in combination with a Hy-Vee coupon on the same item unless otherwise indicated.
- Our stores will accept soft drink container cap coupons.
Digital Coupon Policy
- Our stores will only accept digital coupons loaded to your Fuel Saver + Perks® card. For more information on Hy-Vee’s digital coupons program and clipping and redeeming digital coupons, see our Digital Coupons Frequently Asked Questions at www.hy-vee.com/resources/digital-coupons-faqs.aspx.
- Digital coupons can only be loaded and redeemed one time per Fuel Saver + Perks® card.
- Digital coupons can be combined with manufacturer paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- If more than one digital coupon is loaded for the same product, the best value will be redeemed at checkout.
Internet Coupon Policy
- Our stores will accept internet coupons that are legible, contain a valid remit address, and contain a bar code that scans.
- Internet coupons that have been identified as counterfeit do not scan in our system and will not be accepted.
- Internet coupons that involve any kind of free product will not be accepted unless all of the following conditions are met:
- the coupon is a “buy one, get one” (BOGO) internet manufacturer coupon;
- the coupon contains a barcode;
- the coupon has a purchase obligation;
- the “free item” has equal or less value than the purchased item; and
- there will be no cash redemption.
- We reserve the right to refuse any coupon for “free” product, “buy one get one free” offers, and those with a high value in relationship to the item’s price.