Free COVID-19 Testing Offered at 11 Hy-Vee Pharmacy Locations Throughout Midwest
August 25, 2020 | News & Press Releases
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (Aug. 25, 2020) — Hy-Vee, Inc. announces today it has begun offering COVID-19 testing at 11 Hy-Vee pharmacy locations throughout its eight-state region. The tests are free and are administered via a Hy-Vee pharmacy drive-thru testing process. Individuals do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms to be tested, but they must register online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time.
The COVID-19 tests are being coordinated by eTrueNorth and are offered at the following Hy-Vee pharmacy locations:
• Chariton Hy-Vee, 2001 Court Ave., Chariton, IA 50049
• Cherokee Hy-Vee Clinic Pharmacy, 800 N. 2nd St., Cherokee, IA 51012
• Utica Ridge Hy-Vee, 4064 E. 53rd St., Davenport, IA 52807
• Iowa City Hy-Vee Drugstore, 310 N. 1st Ave., Iowa City, IA 52245
• West Des Moines Hy-Vee HealthMarket, 375 S. Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA
• West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive, Rochester, MN 55901
• Maple Grove Hy-Vee, 18755 70th Way N., Maple Grove, MN 55311
• Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Ave., Kansas City, MO 64151
• Kiwanis Avenue Hy-Vee, 2700 W. 10th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
• Omaha Hy-Vee Drugstore, 8404 N. 30th St., Omaha, NE 68112
• O Street Hy-Vee, 5010 O St., Lincoln, NE 68510
Each location is offering testing windows from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays.*
*Saturday testing hours vary by location. Contact the pharmacy for details.
To register for a test voucher number, visit www.doineedacovid19test.com/ and answer the questions/provide requested information to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time. The person will then arrive at the specified test site pharmacy drive thru and provide either a printed voucher number or show the voucher number on their phone before given a test kit. The Hy-Vee pharmacy employee will provide the test kit and education on how to self-administer the test and will supervise the test. The individual will then drop off their completed kit in a collection bin. The entire test process takes about five minutes. From there, the Hy-Vee pharmacy collects all tests, which are shipped to a lab via UPS. Results will then be sent to the individual via email in three to five days.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 275 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 85,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.