Soup, Chili & Stew
Vegetarian Quinoa Mushroom Soup
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|5||large shallots, chopped (8 oz)|
|1 c.||chopped celery|
|¾ c.||chopped carrots|
|¾ c.||chopped red bell pepper|
|1 lbs.||white button mushrooms, sliced|
|8 oz.||baby bella mushrooms, sliced|
|8 oz.||shiitake mushrooms, sliced|
|8 oz.||oyster mushrooms,* sliced|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried thyme|
|5||fl oz white wine, such as Chardonnay|
|2 oz.||Knorr vegetable bouillon|
|9 c.||hot water|
|1 ½ c.||uncooked quinoa, rinsed|
|kosher salt and Hy-Vee ground black pepper, to taste|
- Heat olive oil in a 6-quart stockpot over medium-high heat. Add shallots, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Sauté until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in white button mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add baby bella mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add saffron threads and thyme and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix vegetable bouillon with hot water and add to pot. Stir in quinoa and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until quinoa blossoms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- *If fresh oyster mushrooms are not available, substitute two (1 ounce each) packages dried oyster mushrooms and rehydrate according to package directions. Drain well before slicing.
160 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2013.