Spring Bouquet Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee sliced almonds, toasted*|
|8 oz. asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces|
|1 (10 oz) pkg baby spinach|
|1 c. halved strawberries or raspberries|
|½ c. bottled fat-free or regular raspberry vinaigrette|
- Cook asparagus** in boiling water in large saucepan for 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water. Let stand 5 minutes, then drain.
- Toss spinach, berries and asparagus in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
- *To toast almonds: Spread almonds in a flat baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Stir once or twice. Set aside.
- **Microwave directions for asparagus: Place asparagus in microwave-safe casserole dish with 1 tablespoon water. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp, stirring once during heat. Proceed as above, draining and placing into ice water, then draining again.
146 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 7g