Soup, Chili & Stew
Sausage Zuppa Soup
In the Marche region of Italy, sausage is used in recipes more often than thin-cut cured meats like prosciutto. While pork sausage is the common variety, you can also use chicken or turkey sausage in this soup.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(12-oz.) pkg al fresco roasted pepper and Asiago chicken sausage, sliced|
|1||yellow onion, chopped|
|3 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee crushed red pepper|
|1||(32-oz.) carton Hy-Vee 33%-less-sodium chicken broth|
|12 oz.||B-size red potatoes, each cut into eighths (about 2-1/2 c.)|
|1||(12-oz.) can Hy-Vee fat-free evaporated milk|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|2 c.||fresh baby spinach|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
Things To Grab
- Large Dutch oven
- Small bowl
- Saute sausage, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, broth and potatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth; add to soup.
- Simmer over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in spinach and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 14g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%
From the week of October 17, 2012.