Romaine, Spinach and Grilled Steak Salad
The lemon-mustard vinaigrette does double duty as a brush-on sauce for the steaks. Oven-baked cheese crisps add a light, salty bite.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. fresh lemon juice|
|1 small shallot, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 Angus New York strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)|
|1 tbsp. steak seasoning-pepper blend|
|8 oz. haricot verts or thin green beans, trimmed|
|8 oz. broccolini, trimmed|
|2 whole romaine lettuce hearts, separated|
|2 c. baby spinach leaves|
|Cheese Crisps, recipe below|
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, shallot, basil, garlic, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until smooth.
- Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture; rub steaks with seasoning-pepper blend.
- Grill steaks directly over medium to medium-high heat. Cover and grill for medium-rare (145 degrees) for 12 to 14 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from grill; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and broccolini and cook 3 minutes. Drain in colander and immediately add to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- To assemble salads, arrange romaine and spinach on four salad plates. Cut steak into strips and add to each salad. Add one-fourth beans and broccolini to each. Drizzle dressing over each salad. Serve with Cheese Crisps.
- Cheese Crisps: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Finely shred 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. For each cheese crisp, place 1/4 cup cheese on parchment-lined pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until firm.
660 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 44g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 1350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 54g
Vitamin A 110%
Vitamin C 130%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.