King Crab Risotto
Take home succulent crab legs from Hy-Vee's seafood counter. During prep, use kitchen shears to easily cut open the shell and tease out the meat.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c.||Hy-Vee vegetable broth|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided|
|1 tbsp.||shallot, chopped|
|2||large cloves garlic, minced|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee Select arborio rice|
|½ c.||dry white wine|
|½ lbs.||king crab, cooked , meat removed, and shredded|
|⅔ c.||fresh orange juice|
|1 oz.||pecorino cheese, grated|
|2 tbsp.||orange zest|
|2 tbsp.||fresh parsley, chopped|
Things To Grab
- Large pot
- In a saucepan, bring broth to boiling; reduce heat and simmer.
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until softened. Add rice; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Slowly add wine to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir rice mixture over medium-low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir rice mixture over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of the broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring until the liquid is absorbed. This should take 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in crab meat and orange juice. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter and the cheese.
- Serve risotto topped with orange zest and parsley.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 1060mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 35%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.