Snow Crab Risotto
If you haven't tried adding lump snow crab meat to your risotto, it's time to start!
Servings and Ingredients
|4 ½ c. chicken stock, divided|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|3 tbsp. chopped shallots|
|3 clove(s) garlic, chopped|
|2 c. uncooked Arborio rice|
|1 c. dry white wine|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee sea salt|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee cracked black pepper|
|2 tbsp. finely chopped basil|
|1 c. 1/8-inch-thick-sliced portabella mushrooms|
|½ c. Hy-Vee Italian stewed tomatoes, chopped|
|1 ½ c. snow crab meat|
|1 c. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided|
|½ c. finely chopped Italian parsley|
- Pour chicken stock in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer; cover and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil. Cook until the rice becomes slightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir until wine is evaporated. Add 1 cup hot stock, salt and black pepper to rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Add another cup of stock, stirring constantly until absorbed.
- Add basil, mushrooms, tomatoes and 2 cups stock. Stir slowly until stock is absorbed. Add the crab and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Rice will be done when cooked on the outside with a slight “crunch” in the middle.
- Add 1/2 cup stock and remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and divide evenly among 6 bowls. Garnish each bowl with remaining cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
420 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 1180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2012.