Servings and Ingredients
|1 tsp.||olive oil or butter|
|1 c.||chopped sweet onion|
|6 slice(s)||bacon, cooked and chopped|
|1 tsp.||Cajun seasoning|
|½ c.||dry vermouth|
|2 c.||heavy whipping cream|
|1 ½ lbs.||frozen pasta, prepared according to package directions|
|1 c.||shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese, divided|
|2 c.||frozen green peas, thawed|
|1 ½ lbs.||king crab meat|
- In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, bacon and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until onions are tender and translucent. Stir often.
- Increase heat to high and add vermouth. Cook until vermouth has been reduced by 80%, stirring frequently.
- Add cream, pasta and 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir often and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add peas and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add king crab meat and cook till crab is warm.
- Garnish with remaining cheese.
- Variation: Omit the pasta. Thicken liquid with 1 tablespoon cornstarch thinned with 2 tablespoons cold water. Serve on top of biscuits.
430 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 840mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%
Chef Gary Puetz.