Servings and Ingredients
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee vegetable oil|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|⅔ c.||chopped green onions|
|½ c.||minced fresh seeded jalapeno peppers (about 3 peppers)|
|1 c.||shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1||(15 oz) pkg Krusteaz Natural Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix|
|6||(6 oz each) boneless chicken breasts|
|Fiesta Juan's Very Berry Chipotle Sauce, for garnish|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, oil and egg. Add green onion, jalapeno peppers, cheese and cornbread mix, stirring until just moistened. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place one chicken breast in resealable plastic bag and pound with a meat pounder until of even thickness (approximately 1/4-inch thick); repeat for each chicken breast.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup cooked stuffing on flattened chicken breast and pat down with hands, leaving space around edges. Reserve remaining stuffing. Start rolling from short side making sure stuffing stays inside roll. Secure with toothpick. Repeat for each chicken breast. Place on shallow non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle chipotle sauce over each serving plate. Cut each breast in 1/2-inch slices to show pinwheel design; fan out on top of the sauce in the middle of the plate. Garnish with cilantro. Warm reserved cornbread mixture and serve with stuffed chicken breasts.
630 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 29g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 37g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2012.