Grilled Potato Salad with Pancetta
Picnics and barbecues are the perfect occasions for this hearty salad. Be sure to cut the potatoes in to uniform slices so they cook evenly. Pair with an American Pale Ale or New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wine.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 lbs. Hy-Vee One Step potatoes|
|2 tbsp. plus 1/3 c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper, divided|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced|
|1 red onion, sliced|
|1 (3 oz) pkg pancetta|
|¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee apple cider vinegar|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee garlic powder|
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Cut two 24-by-15-inch pieces of heavy foil; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly; pat dry. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch slices; place half the potatoes in the center of each piece of foil. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. For each packet, bring up opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose potatoes, leaving space for steam to build.
- Grill packet 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Carefully unwrap foil packets. Grease grill rack. Using a spatula, transfer potatoes to grill rack and grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, place pancetta in a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until crisp; remove pancetta from skillet and drain on paper towel. When cool, crumble pancetta and set aside. In same skillet, cook pepper and onion in pancetta drippings over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1/3 cup oil, cilantro, vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic powder. Stir in grilled potatoes, pepper and onion mixture and pancetta; toss until combined.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.