Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Lundberg wild blend rice|
|1 ¾ c. water|
|2 tbsp. canola oil, plus additional for pan|
|1 small acorn squash, cut in half and seeded|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 tsp. crumbled sage leaves or 3/4 tsp ground sage|
|1 tbsp. lemon juice|
|1 c. Sahale crunchers cranberries, sesame, honey mix|
|½ c. Newman's Own dried cranberries|
- Prepare rice according to package directions using water. Transfer to large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil large baking sheet.
- Place squash, cut side down, on sheet. Bake until tender about 40 minutes. Cool. Using spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Reserve shells for serving. Alternately, microwave squash for 8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in sage. Add rice, squash and lemon juice until mixed well. Mix in Sahale crunchers and dried cranberries. Place in squash shells or on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.