Chef Anne Cort's Eye of Round Roast with Roasted Root Vegetables
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs.||thin carrots with tops, tops trimmed|
|1 lbs.||fresh brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed|
|1 lbs.||beets, tops removed, peeled and quartered|
|8 oz.||boiling or pearl onions, trimmed, peeled and large ones halved|
|Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|Hy-Vee sea salt and freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|1||(5 lb) eye of round roast|
|3 tbsp.||stone ground mustard|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee horseradish|
|½ c.||red wine|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee beef stock|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay carrots, brussels sprouts, beets and onions in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan, cover with foil and set aside.
- While vegetables are roasting, generously season roast with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil. Brown all sides in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix mustard and horseradish together to form a paste and brush on all sides of seared roast. Place in roasting pan and cook 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees for rare. To cook roast until medium rare, cook an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees. Remove from roasting pan; cover and let rest 15 minutes before carving.
- While roast is resting, add red wine to roasting pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring frequently making sure to scrape the bits on the bottom of the pan, until wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in beef stock and continue to boil until it is reduced by half, about 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange roast and vegetables on a serving platter and drizzle with sauce.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 37g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 50%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2011.