Ultimate Tailgate Giveaway Official Rules
October 6, 2010 | Promotions
To learn more about this promotion and to enter, click here.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
1. CONTEST: Hy-Vee, Inc. Ultimate Tailgate Giveaway ("Contest") begins at 8:00 a.m., CST, on October 6, 2010, and ends at 12:00 a.m., CST, on November 3, 2010 ("Contest Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to residents of Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services for: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 ("Sponsor"), and immediate family members or members of the same households (parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses (whether related or not) of such persons) at any time during this Contest are ineligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Enter online at www.hy-vee.com. Entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. CST, on November 3, 2010, to be eligible for entry in the drawing. Any person may enter up to once every day during the contest period. Incomplete, illegible, lost, late, misdirected, stolen, and duplicate entries, whether or not through the fault of the entrant, are void and will be discarded. By entering into the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice, and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online and on-air announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: On or about November 3, 2010, Sponsor will select one (1) entrant to be the winner. Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the potential winner by e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within such time, or should a potential winner fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions within 14 days of receipt of prize notification, the potential winner will be declared ineligible and another entry will be chosen as an alternate winner. Each potential winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity. All Contest-related decisions made by Sponsor shall be final.
5. PRIZE: One (1) winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) shall win eight (8) tickets for the December 5, 2010, Kansas City Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos NFL football game, one (1) parking pass, one (1) new grill with accessories, Kansas City Chiefs apparel, and food and beverages for eight individuals. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. Grand Prize Winners are solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth herein. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize Winners will be issued 1099 forms for the actual ARV of the prizes at the time of fulfillment. Other restrictions may apply.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, winners agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Contest, or any Contest-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that Sponsor shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Contest offer and select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winners and to disqualify any individual they find acting in violation of the Official Rules. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the last day of the Contest Period, notice will be posted on www.hy-vee.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.