Hy-Vee Steel-Cut Oats Recipe Contest Official Rules
September 9, 2012 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
For more information about this contest, click here.
1. CONTEST: The Hy-Vee Steel-Cut Oats Recipe Contest ("Contest") begins at 8:00:00 a.m. CDT on September 10, 2012, and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. CDT on September 25, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). The sponsor of the Contest is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between the entry instructions and these Contest rules, these Contest rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Contest shall govern with respect to the commencement and end time for the Contest Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Contest entry
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal residents of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Wisconsin, who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 in Nebraska). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services for: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 ("Sponsor"), or any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support and fulfillment, advertisement, or promotion of the Contest, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and successor companies (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and immediate family members or members of the same households (parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses (whether related or not) of such persons) at any time during this Contest are ineligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, to submit a valid entry, entrants must complete each of the following steps, in the order described herein: (a) create an original recipe wherein at least ½ cup of steel-cut oats are an ingredient (the “Recipe”), (b) visit the entry page at www.hy-vee.com (the “Website”) and fully complete the online registration form including, but not limited to, the entrant’s full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, and date of birth, then upload the Recipe as either a .pdf, .doc or .jpeg file. There is no limit on the number of different, unique Recipes that may be submitted by an entrant; provided, however, only one (1) entry per Recipe shall be eligible to be accepted as a valid entry during the Contest Period. All entries must be submitted during the Contest Period to be considered a valid entry. All subsequent and/or duplicate entries shall be void. By entering into the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their Contest entry, the entrant’s name, photograph or video, likeness, biography, voice, and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online and on-air announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Further, by entering into the Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that entrant is the owner of the recipe that is the subject of the entry and that by entering the Contest, entrant binds himself or herself, as well as entrant’s spouse, children parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained herein.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Sponsor shall judge the Recipes entered during the Contest Period and shall select the winner from among all eligible entries. Sponsor’s selection of the winner shall be based upon factors including, but not limited to, prominence of steel-cut oats in the Recipe, creativity, and uniqueness. Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the potential prize winner by phone and/or email immediately following the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within five (5) days, or should the potential winners fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions, the potential winner will be declared ineligible and Sponsor shall select an alternate potential winner. The potential winner must be able to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (where permitted). The winners shall be announced on or about October 5, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the total number of valid Contest entries received, the date of submission of a valid Contest entry, and the result of the judging by Sponsor.
5. PRIZES: One grand prize winner shall win an Apple iPad and a $500.00 Hy-Vee Gift Card (approximate retail value (“ARV”) = $999.99). Five runner-up prize winners shall each win one (1) $100.00 Hy-Vee Gift Card (ARV = $100.00 each).
A photo of the winner and/or the Recipe that is the subject of their entry may appear in Hy-Vee’s advertising (all media) and Special Interest Publications. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE "AS IS," AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner will be issued a 1099 form for the actual ARV of the prizes at the time of fulfillment. No cash redemption of a prize is permitted. No transfer of a prize is permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, winners, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor and all Contest Entities, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Contest, or any Contest-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or Contest Entities their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that none of the Contest Entities shall be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Contest offer and select a Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage or subvert the Contest or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of Winner(s), and to disqualify any individual or internet protocol (“IP”) address if Sponsor believes such person or IP address has tampered with the entry or voting process (as applicable), or has acted in violation of these Official Rules. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the last day of the Contest Period, notice will be posted at the Store and www.hy-vee.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hy-Vee® is a registered trademark owned by Hy-Vee, Inc.
8. PRIZE WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Official Rules and the Contest results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, postage prepaid written request to Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Steel-Cut Oats Recipe Contest, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Written requests must be received by October 22, 2012.