Shaun White Snow Board Giveaway Official Rules
October 14, 2011 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
To learn more about this promotion, click here.
The Shaun White Snow Board Giveaway (“Contest”) shall commence at 12:00:00 am CDT on October 15, 2011 and shall end at 11:59:59 pm CDT on November 14, 2011 (“Contest Period”). The sponsor of the Contest is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between any registration material and these rules, these rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Contest shall govern with respect to the commencement and end times for the Contest Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Contest entry. By participating, entrants, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
1. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, entrants may enter the Contest by visiting Sponsor’s website at www.hy-vee.com and clicking on the Contest link. Entrants must fill out the supplied registration form completely by providing (a) full name, (b) address, including city and state of residence, (c) date of birth, (d) telephone number, and (e) email address. All other attempts at entry are void. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per email address per day. The computer on which each entrant enters the Contest must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. Entrants must have a valid email address at the time of entry. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the use of the entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, online and on-air announcements, weekly circular ads, signage, posters, television, magazine articles, websites, social media sites (including, but not limited to Facebook and Twitter), and any other publication(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion, worldwide and without limitation, and without additional compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
2. Prizes: One (1) snowboard autographed by Shaun White (approximate retail value: $500.00).
3. Winner Selection: The winner will be selected by Sponsor via random.org or a random drawing (at Sponsor’s election) on or around November 15, 2011 from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor and/or Random.org’s selection shall be final and binding. The potential prize winner for will be notified by telephone or email within seven (7) days of the applicable drawing date and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (where permitted) within seven (7) days thereafter. Noncompliance within specified time period for return of Affidavit and Release, an inability of Sponsor to reach a potential prize winner by telephone, or a return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize. All income taxes on prizes are winners’ responsibility.
4. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Restrictions: No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must take delivery of prize within ten (10) days of notification that he/she has been selected. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE "AS IS," AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. Other restrictions may apply.
6. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Not open to employees of Kraft Foods or Hy-Vee, or any of their respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, children, siblings, parents, and individuals residing in the same household). Void where prohibited by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: Hy-Vee and its affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners and advertising agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”) and the judging organization are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor Parties assume no responsibility for any technical problems in conjunction with transmission or receipt of entry including faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the website, hardware or software, equipment failure or malfunction, or other on-line communications problems, stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, illegible, incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of any information whatsoever, including without limitation human error. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor Parties are not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. Sponsor Parties reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event Contest is cancelled, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of cancellation. By participating in this Contest and accepting a prize, winner agrees that Sponsor Parties shall not be liable for any loss, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from the winner’s Contest participation, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse, of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy or defamation. Sponsor Parties reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the primary person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sponsor Parties in connection with the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
10. Winners List, Official Rules: For the names of winners or for a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Shaun White Snowboard Giveaway, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Requests must be received by the December 5, 2011.
© 2011 Hy-Vee, Inc.