Hy-Vee Big Four Classic Sweepstakes Official Rules
November 18, 2013 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Click here to enter the sweepstakes.
1. SWEEPSTAKES: The Hy-Vee Big 4 Classic Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") 8:00:00 am CST on November 24, 2014 and shall end at 4:59:59 pm CST on December 7, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between the entry instructions and these Sweepstakes rules, these Sweepstakes rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Sweepstakes shall govern with respect to the commencement and end time for the Sweepstakes Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Sweepstakes entry
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Wisconsin, who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services Sponsor, or any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support and fulfillment, advertisement, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and successor companies (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and immediate family members or members of the same households (parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses (whether related or not) of such persons) at any time during this Sweepstakes are ineligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, to submit a valid entry, entrants must visit the entry page at www.hy-vee.com and fully complete the online registration form including, but not limited to, the entrant’s full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, date of birth as well as the entrant’s selection of the Big 4 Classic team that the entrant is supporting (Drake University, University of Northern Iowa, University of Iowa, or Iowa State University). Entries are limited to one (1) entry per email address per day. The computer on which each entrant enters the Sweepstakes must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be considered a valid entry. By entering into the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of the entrant’s name, photograph or video, likeness, biography, voice, and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online and on-air announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Further, by entering into the Sweepstakes, entrant binds himself or herself, as well as entrant’s spouse, children parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained herein.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner supporting each school (4 total winners) will be selected by Sponsor via random.org or a random drawing (at Sponsor’s election) on or around December 5, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor for that particular school during the Sweepstakes Period. Each winner shall receive two (2) tickets to the Big 4 Classic (see below for retail value). Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the potential prize winners by phone and/or email immediately following the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact any potential winner within five (5) days, or should any potential winner fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions, the potential winner will be declared ineligible and Sponsor shall select an alternate potential winner. The potential winner must be able to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (where permitted).
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the total number of valid Sweepstakes entries received for each school.
6. PRIZES: Two (2) tickets to the Big 4 Classic (approximate retail value: $75.00 for each ticket ($150.00 total for each winner)) will be awarded to each of the four (4) winners. In addition, during half time of one of the games at the Big 4 Classic, each winner will be paired up with an alumni basketball player from that winner’s selected school and the winner’s respective alumni teammate will play head-to-head with another winner’s respective alumni teammate in a shooting contest (rules to be determined by Sponsor prior to the date of the game). Each winner whose alumni teammate prevailed in each shooting contest shall each win two (2) All-Session Passes to the 2014 conference tournament for the conference of the team that such winner selected in their entry as well as hotel accommodations (1 room) for three (3) nights (if Missouri Valley Conference tournament) or four (4) nights (if Big 12 conference tournament or Big Ten Conference tournament) (approximate retail value of each prize package for winners whose alumni teammate prevailed in its respective three-point shooting contest: $937.00 if Missouri Valley Conference tournament, $1,400.00 if Big 12 Conference tournament, and $1,366.00 if Big Ten Conference tournament). Each loser whose alumni teammate lost in its respective three-point shooting contest shall each win one (1) $100.00 Hy-Vee gift card (approximate retail value $100.00 for each winner).
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must take delivery of prize within ten (10) days of notification that he/she has been selected. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE "AS IS," AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner will be issued a 1099 form for the actual ARV of the prizes at the time of fulfillment. No cash redemption of a prize is permitted. No transfer of a prize is permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, winners, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor and all Sweepstakes Entities, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that none of the Sweepstakes Entities shall be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Sweepstakes offer and select a Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage or subvert the Sweepstakes or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of Winner(s), and to disqualify any individual or internet protocol (“IP”) address if Sponsor believes such person or IP address has tampered with the entry or voting process (as applicable), or has acted in violation of these Official Rules. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted at the Store and www.hy-vee.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hy-Vee® is a registered trademark owned by Hy-Vee, Inc.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entity Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
11. PRIZE WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, postage prepaid written request to Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Big 4 Classic Sweepstakes, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Written requests must be received by December 17, 2014.