Hy-Vee Announces $90 Million Investment to Remodel Stores in Kansas and Missouri
September 4, 2019 | News & Press Releases
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (Sept. 4, 2019) — Hy-Vee customers in the Kansas City area may soon notice a new look inside their local grocery store. Hy-Vee is remodeling 14 of its Kansas and Missouri locations in the area to include unique food service offerings, new departments, updated signage, enhanced health and wellness services and – in some cases – refreshed convenience stores. Construction is already underway at several locations, with most remodels expected to be complete by early 2020.
“Hy-Vee has a proud history in the Kansas City metro area, opening our first store in Overland Park in 1988,” said Jeremy Gosch, executive vice president, co-chief operating officer and chief retail officer for Hy-Vee. “Thirty-one years later, we have 24 stores serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka and Manhattan and are excited to make this nearly $90 million investment in an area that has been a great home to Hy-Vee.”
The scope of the renovation and department updates will vary by location; however, general renovations include new food service options such as Mia Pizza, Hibachi and sushi islands, Basin and beauty department expansions, relocation and upgrade of existing in-store Starbucks locations, HealthMarket expansions, new floral departments, gifting departments, the addition of Joe Fresh clothing, self-checkout lanes and the rebranding of existing Hy-Vee Gas locations to Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh Express locations.
The following stores are being or have been remodeled:
• 64th Street Hy-Vee, 5330 N.W. 64th Street, Kansas City, Missouri
• Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
• Liberty Hy-Vee, 109 N. Blue Jay Drive, Liberty, Missouri
• Blue Springs Hy-Vee, 625 W. Highway 40, Blue Springs, Missouri
• Gladstone Hy-Vee, 7117 N. Prospect, Gladstone, Missouri
• Noland Road Hy-Vee, 4545 S. Noland Road, Independence, Missouri
• Shawnee Hy-Vee, 13550 W. 63rd Street, Shawnee, Kansas
• 95th Street Hy-Vee, 8501 W. 95th Street, Overland Park, Kansas
• Overland Park South Hy-Vee, 8900 W. 135th Street, Overland Park, Kansas
• Prairie Village Hy-Vee, 7620 State Line Road, Prairie Village, Kansas
• Lenexa Hy-Vee, 13400 W. 87th Parkway, Lenexa, Kansas
• Clinton Parkway Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway, Lawrence, Kansas
Several additional stores in the area will be remodeled starting in 2020.
Included in the company’s $90 million investment is Hy-Vee’s Kansas City Fulfillment Center that will open later this fall to serve the area’s Hy-Vee Aisles Online grocery pickup and delivery customers.
In 2018, Hy-Vee strengthened its connection with the community when it became the naming rights partner for Hy-Vee Arena (formerly Kemper Arena) as part of the revitalization efforts of Kansas City’s Stockyard District.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 260 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.