Alaska Crab Legs with Dipping Sauces
Servings and Ingredients
|3 to 4 pounds Alaska crab legs (King, snow or Dungeness), thawed or frozen|
|⅓ c. bottled roasted red peppers|
|2 clove(s) minced garlic|
|⅔ c. low-fat mayonnaise|
|1 tsp. lemon juice|
|½ tsp. red pepper flakes|
|Basil-Mint Pesto Sauce:|
|2 c. fresh basil leaves|
|1 ½ c. fresh mint leaves|
|½ c. olive oil|
|3 tbsp. toasted walnuts|
|3 clove(s) garlic|
|3 ½ tsp. lemon juice|
|½ c. grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 (6.5 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped|
|1 c. grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 c. low-fat sour cream|
|1 c. low-fat mayonnaise|
|¼ c. drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1 (4 oz) can sliced olives, drained|
|¼ c. chopped fresh chives OR 2 tbsp sliced green onions|
|½ c. unsalted melted butter|
|1 tbsp. lemon juice|
|¾ tsp. garlic salt|
|½ tsp. dried dill weed|
- To prepare crab:
- Fill a 16- to 20-quart stock pot with water; bring to a boil and add crab legs. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for thawed crab, until heated-through. Drain and serve with dipping sauce.
- To make Rouille Sauce:
- Combine peppers and garlic in food processor and process until well minced. Pulse in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- To make Basil-Mint Pesto Sauce:
- Combine basil, mint, oil, walnuts, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor; puree until smooth. Add Parmesan and pulse until well combined. For a creamier sauce, combine 1/4 cup Basil-Mint Pesto sauce with 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise.
- To make Mediterranean Dip:
- Blend artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and chives in bowl. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, if desired.
- To make Butter Sauce:
- Blend ingredients together in a bowl.
- Note: Dips can also be prepared up to two days in advance, reheating butter sauce as needed.
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.