Peach and Mint Iced Tea
This low-calorie tea has a refreshing mint flavor with a pop of fresh peach.
Servings and Ingredients
|6 c. water|
|1 ¼ c. (lightly packed) fresh mint leaves (from 3 bunches), divided|
|3 ripe peaches, pitted, divided|
|4 c. ice cubes, crushed|
- Pour 6 cups of water into a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of mint leaves.
- Cover and steep for 30 minutes to allow mint to infuse water.
- Strain mint tea into a pitcher, discarding leaves, and refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, chop 2 peaches coarsely and place them in a blender. Puree until smooth, adding a couple tablespoons of mint tea to help create the puree. Strain peach puree through a fine-mesh sieve and chill puree. You should have about 1 cup of puree. It will have a peach color when first blended, and will turn into a brownish tea color once chilled.
- Thinly slice remaining peach. In 4 tall glasses, layer crushed ice, thin slices of peach and remaining 1/4 cup mint leaves, filling glasses about halfway.
- Divide chilled mint tea among 4 glasses. Then stir in peach puree and serve immediately.
45 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 15%