Holiday Cinnamon Pecan Popcorn Mix
Servings and Ingredients
|10 c. Newman's Own Unsalted Pop's Corn|
|2 c. Cascadian Farm organic kids cinnamon crunch cereal|
|½ c. coarsely chopped pecans|
|½ c. packed dark brown sugar|
|¼ c. light-colored corn syrup|
|1 ½ tbsp. butter or trans-fat free stick margarine (such as Smart Balance)|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine popcorn, cereal and pecans in a large bowl. Spread mixture onto a jelly-roll pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 1 minute. Uncover and cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely on a wire rack in pan, and break into large pieces.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.