Toffee Apple Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||powdered sugar|
|1 c.||butter or margarine|
|1 can(s)||sweetened condensed milk|
|1 c.||chopped apples|
|1 c.||chopped pecans|
|1 c.||English toffee baking bits (not chocolate-coated)|
|1 c.||powdered sugar|
|2||to 3 tbsp milk|
- To make crust, combine flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into bottom of ungreased 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- To make filling, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon and egg in a large bowl. Blend well. Stir in apples, pecans and toffee baking bits. Mix well. Pour over baked crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before topping with glaze.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk. Mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars.