Smoky Maple-Chipotle Wings
Smoky-sweet with a kick of heat—this is what wings are all about.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground sage|
|12 Hy-Vee chicken wingettes, about 1-1/2 lbs.|
|2 ½ tbsp. Frank's Original Red Hot sauce|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted, melted|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced|
Things To Grab
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Wire cooling rack
- Large resealable plastic bag
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; place a wire rack on top of foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and sage. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Place on prepared rack.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and internal temperature reaches 1801 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk together hot sauce, melted butter, syrup and minced chipotle pepper. Add baked wings to sauce and toss to coat before serving.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 29g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2014.