Surprise the whole family tonight with a tasty Mexican twist on this time-honored Italian favorite.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. lean ground beef|
|1 (1.25 oz) pkg Chi-Chi's taco seasoning mix|
|1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce|
|1 (16 oz) jar Chi-Chi's thick & chunky salsa hot|
|1 box(es) no-boil lasagna noodles|
|1 (15 oz) pkg ricotta cheese|
|1 c. refried beans|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided|
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In skillet, prepare beef with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and salsa; mix well. In 13-x-9-inch baking dish, spread about 1 cup salsa mixture. Top with layer of lasagna noodles.
- In separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, refried beans and egg; mix well. Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 1/2 of beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers, ending with salsa mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil. Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
450 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1130mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 26g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 10%
Hormel, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of January 22, 2014.