Pizzas and flatbreads don't have to be on the junk food list. Make them good for you by using a variety of colorful veggies for toppings.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 whole wheat flatbreads, such as naan|
|Hy-Vee nonstick olive oil cooking spray|
|½ tsp. plus 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided|
|2 large Kalamata olives, chopped|
|12 grape tomatoes, halved|
|2 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 tsp. shallot, finely chopped|
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves|
|1 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves|
|2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese|
|White Bean Spread|
|¾ c. water|
|2 clove(s) garlic, peeled|
|2 (15 oz.) cans Hy-Vee canellini beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp. fresh rosemary|
Things To Grab
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl
- Large saucepan
- Food processor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flatbreads on an ungreased baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning. Bake 8 minutes or until golden and crisp on the edges. Allow flatbreads to cool 3 to 4 minutes before topping.
Combine Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and shallot in a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and add remaining 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning. Stir well to combine.
Prepare White Bean Spread: Pour water into a large sauce pan. Add garlic and bring to boiling over high heat. Add canellini beans and return to boiling. Drain mixture, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Transfer drained mixture to a food processor. Add olive oil and fresh rosemary and process, adding just enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thick, smooth paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread cooled flatbreads with White Bean Spread and top with chopped vegetables. Reserve remaining spread for another use. Sprinkle with parsley, oregano and feta.
- Cut flatbreads into slices and serve.
- White Bean Spread pour 3/4 cup water into a large saucepan, add 2 cloves peeled garlic and bring to boiling over high heat. Add 2 (15-oz) cans Hy-Vee canellini beans, drained and rinsed, and return to boiling. Drain the mixture, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Transfer drained mixture to a food processor. Add 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp fresh rosemary and process, adding just enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thick, smooth paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 14g