Hawaiian Mini Pizzas
Two of these mini pizzas makes a meal; one makes the perfect high-protein snack.
Servings and Ingredients
|6||(1/4-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple|
|3||Hy-Vee English muffins, split|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee pizza sauce, divided|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|6 tbsp.||diced ham, divided|
|6 tbsp.||chopped green bell pepper, divided|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pineapple slices on a grill pan or skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until grill marks are visible. Set aside.
- Place muffin halves on baking sheet and spread each with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce. Top each with 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella, 1 pineapple ring, 1 tablespoon ham, 1 tablespoon bell pepper and additional tablespoon shredded mozzarella.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Variation: Instead of using English muffins, flatten jumbo biscuits to 4-inch rounds, add toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
160 Calories per serving
1 mini pizza
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 35%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2013.